Basic Training for SeisComP3: Beginner Course at gempa in Potdam, Germany, March 6 - 9, 2018

UPDATED VERSION:

• Dr. Dirk Roessler (Senior Geophysicist - gempa GmbH) confirmed as a trainer for this session
  • Session Dates Confirmed: 6 - 9 March 2018

We are again announcing the Basic Training for SeisComP3. This Beginner Course is perfect for new SeisComP3 users who wish to get quickly started with a productive SeisComP3 system.

The training covers the following topics:

• Introduction to characteristics of SeisComP3.
  • Installation of the latest SeisComP3 release.

• Generation of station information including responses.

• Configuration of the acquisition and processing modules through the new graphical user interface.

• Data management utilities.

• Tuning of SeisComP3 for local earthquake monitoring including the phase pickers, locator, associator and magnitudes.

• Practical training (focusing on real-time playbacks, off-line playbacks and hands-on tuning).

• Participants may bring their own datasets and use it for tuning.

The training is highly hands-on oriented. Trainees get to learn and to practice actively at all times. Therefore, the registration to the 4 days training is open to everyone but limited to a maximum of 8 persons. It will be held at gempa offices in Potsdam, Germany. See the Basic Training Website for more information and the goals of the course.

This time we still have a limited number of places for the Basic Training in March available. Please contact us if you like to learn about SeisComP3 and if you wish to participate with short notice.

See you in Potsdam

Although it would be nice to attend the training, I have several
commitments that keep me busy. Interestingly, I was observing the use of
Seiscomp3 at the CTBTO PS-45 station in Ukraine just last week.